Monday, June 15, 2009

Helvetia Half Marathon

I was so bummed that I was unable to run the half marathon do to my recent surgery. I walked the 10k which was good. It was fun to be there. I'm so proud of my running partner Melissa. She ran the whole thing by herself. She is amazing!! I'm looking for a new race now. Maybe I will have better luck this time.


7 comments:

The Elders said...

You need to come do a race with us. Jason, Mitch, Chase and my dad just did a race in Eastern ID, a half and full marathon. They want to do a race together every year and in different places. I want to do the team race that they have from Mt. Hood all the way to the Coast and then we all can hang out there. Anyway I can't wait to get back into shape after this baby.

Adrianna said...

We are so proud of you for walking that 10k!! If you find another good race let me know! I want to do the half now!!! They should have more races in the fall...

Lombardo Family said...

I think I would die if I ran a half marathon. It is a secret wish of mine actually, but running that many miles seems so blasted hard! I'm hoping (training) to do a sprint triathlon in September. I'm trying not to say (outloud) that I can't do it. I'm just so nervous for the swimming part. Ugh! Way to do the 10k Lori!

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

Either walking or running? I still think your a STAR.I think the important part is that you were there and you made it to the end!I think your amazing for having so much courage,especially if you just had surgery.You Rock Lori)I ran a 10k marathon when I was in Australia couple years ago when I was in good shape..LOL..I really need to get busy:) ahahahah:) Cute pictures btw.

Mel said...

That is a huge feat to walk that far consider what you have been through! Congrats Lor I know you worked really hard for that race....you will find another one though!

Real Life Roberts said...

good for you..hey a race is a race and it's fun to just participate. There will be so may more.

Anonymous said...

Good job Lori. I'm working up to a half-marathon, but first I have to complete a triatholon later this year.