Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The rest of our vacation in Spain

I'm sure that a few of you have been wondering why we were keeping you all up to date on our vacation, then we stopped. Well, I ended up having emergency surgery. I had an appendectomy, old school style. Our first few days in spain were awesome, then we were in the hospital for 4 days. We left the hospital and headed up to Madrid (7 hr drive). Got to the hotel, slept and then got on the plane for an 8 & 6 hr plane rides.

We are just glad to be home!!!

Thanks Keith and Kriss for watching our babies. They had such a great time.


The Hospital we were in

Talking to my parents on the phone

My bed had a crank to lift it up and down (old school)

Brycen's bed, Out in the hallway.

16 comments:

Jen I said...

Oh my gosh! That's crazy! At least the rest of your vacation looked super cool.

lynette said...

OH NO! Were you so worried about having surgery in another country? What happened? I want to hear all the details!

Glad your home safe and sound!

Kristy E.B. said...

Oh Lori, I feel so sad for you! How horrible to have surgery in Spain and now I hear you can't run for 6 weeks after all of your hard training! You must be so totally bummed!! We have missed you running with us, and hopefully we can all still run together even when we're not training for Helvetia. Hope to see you soon!

The Elders said...

Wow! thats crazy, I'm glad you are doing good though and home. kind of stinky it had to happen on vacation and far, far away from home.

Kristen Wilde said...

What bad timing for appendicitis!!! Bet you were glad you had Brycen with you.

Mikael said...

oh my goodness, I forgot you had an apendectomy on VACATION!! I was out for 6 wks when I had mine... how did you get moving so fast? I hope you are feeling better!

todd & nicole said...

I can't believe it. I hope it wasn't like Todd's surgery in Korea. He had surgery for a hernia and instead of a 1-inch scar that you get in the US his scar was 6-7 inches.

Spar-Mar Girl said...

Dang! You sure know how to spice things up! I can only imagine how NOT fun that must have been for you! I'm so glad you're doing well and hope you recover quickly!! And just think of the cool story you have to tell the kids in 20 years, "And then there was that time I had surgery on vacation in Spain..."

Emily said...

You've gotta be kidding me!!! Holy scary, batman! Seriously, pay all that money to take an overseas vacation and end up in the HOSPITAL? Were you so mad? I hope you're feeling so much better Lori. I'd love to hear more details!

Anonymous said...

holy cow!!! That seems so scary. Glad you are home and OK. Talk about a vacation you'll never forget!

monica said...

no way! you really know how to mix and mingle in a foreign country.

i had one also when i was pregnant with zachary. i could never imagine being that sick and have surgery in another country. crazy!

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

honey i am so sorry. I hope that you are feeling better. I will call you soon. I love you... feel better.

Julie said...

Oh no!!! Silly Lori, you don't have to go to Spain to get your appendix out! You can do that here!

Sorry it ruined your vacation. You have such a good attitude. Hope you are feeling better now.

Jenni said...

unbelievable lori! i still can't believe it. the incision, everything. they do appendectomy's laparoscopically through the belly button!!! I am SO glad you are okay! bum deal about your trip, but the first few days looked amazing. are you missing your big race???

Claire said...

What a bummer of an ending to a fantastic vacation!!! Were you planning on running Helvatia?

Lombardo Family said...

OH MY WORD LORI! How scary is that? Doesn't seem to have ruined your vacation though I hope. What a great memory to have. lol